The internet is such a strange place.
On one hand you have this wonderful opportunity to share yourself,
your family, and (by the way I’m totally against this one) your
secrets with the world and on the other hand you (most of the time)
forget that these people are complete STRANGERS.
Yup, you heard me right.
Well I consider YOU a friend.
But not like a ‘Girl come by the house and help me pick out
something to wear’ friend.
But more like a ‘Tiph I need some advice, what do
you think about (insert MAJOR problem here)’ friend.
And since I’ve just concluded that we should know each other
better, I want to share with you 12 random facts about myself.
Now of course you may have heard that I got knocked up at 17, fed
Ritalin to my dog, Zues, dropped out of college, and was forced to
go to anger management by my principle in high school, but there’s
so much more to me that that:)
12 Random Facts About Tiphani:
1. I played the french horn for 11 yrs.
Was offered a full scholarship to play at an University
(because apparently not too many black girls pick this instrument).
I didn’t wanna lug that thing around campus so I respectfully declined.
I regret that decision, but only because not too many black girls pick this
2. I went into labor with my daughter at 7 months pregnant on
Carnival cruise ship in the middle of the ocean.
I almost named her Carnivala. We’d call her Carni for short.
And this is why teens shouldn’t have children.
3. I once hopped on my daughter’s school bus and threatened some
kids who I thought were bullying her. I wrote about this over at Global Grind.
4. I once found a severed finger in a freezer. I was only 12.
5. I have a heart tattoo with a bullet hole and blood running down
it with (wait for it)…my daughter’s name in the middle. Pitiful. I know.
6. I have a CRAZY doodling problem. I mean like, INSANE ASYLUM crazy.
7. I’m extremely intuitive. I’ve never been wrong about someone. Ever.
8. I read 2 books a week. Always non-fiction. And I’d rather read 10 good books 100 times than read 100 great books once. I retain what I learn best this way.
9. I’m 100% AGAINST women paying for dates. Call me old fashioned.
10. I say NO to people (including friends, family, and
opportunities) way more than I say YES. This has been one of the secrets to my success.
11. I went bungee jumping once. Probably won’t do it again.
12. I believe that people procrastinate on following their dreams,
don’t charge what they’re worth, stay in toxic relationships, let
people run all over them, and sabotage their success because they
subconsciously don’t think they deserve to be happy. Rich. Healthy.
Abundant. Worthy. Or loved.
Well, from one friend to another I want to let you know that you
deserve everything you desire simply because you EXIST.
I feel like we know each other better already!
Because I want you to believe in yourself.
HARDER than you ever thought possible.